Looking for God in America.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Chicago, Chicago

Chicago's energy can't be effectively described. Suffice it to say that I could live in a 'high rise' home overlooking the city and the lake. However, we did not come to live but to ask the proverbial question, 'Where can I find God here?' Chicago did not disappoint.

We left Missouri on Sunday afternoon after a hair raising sermon from a pastor who spoke about what the true love of Jesus would look like. That man loves his congregation - the people given to his care. His words spoke to my soul and through them God let me know He does have a remnant of people who do care and will sit at the table with me and not speak in platitudes and christianese cliches. I hope, genuinely so, that we meet again. That was St Louis.

We traveled to Missouri for me to see the home where I lived the longest as a child during my father's many US Army postings - 1104 E Dunklin St, Jefferson City MO. Memories came to me as I exited the freeway and looked left - seeing the church I attended as a child. I immediately knew to look right to find my street. But that's another story - on my blog space.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HOW THE PROJECT BEGAN
SUPPORT THE PROJECT
TRIP ITINERARY
CONTACT US
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS

PREVIOUS POSTS :


ARCHIVES:


Powered by Blogger.com

©2006-2010 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

SITE BY: BOOTSIFIED

 

   
HOME ANGELA'S BLOG LAURA'S BLOG DONNA RENEE'S BLOG