Looking for God in America.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Driving Familiar Streets

Once back here in 'good ole Plano' TX I noticed I was more relaxed. I knew these roads, drove them from memory.
Found myself driving and not remembering where I was going. At the stop light at an intersection not where I was supposed to be I smiled. I was home.
And then a deep sadness filled me to overwhelming and I blinked away eye-rimmed tears.
I was off the road; off assignment.
Again, I didn't know what to do with my self. Again, I felt like I'd failed.
I kept driving.
Thoughts kept driving through my mind, snapshots of faces and places that God-printed my soul and spirit.
I parked my little green car in the driveway.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HOW THE PROJECT BEGAN
SUPPORT THE PROJECT
TRIP ITINERARY
CONTACT US
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS

PREVIOUS POSTS :


ARCHIVES:


Powered by Blogger.com

©2006-2010 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

SITE BY: BOOTSIFIED

 

   
HOME ANGELA'S BLOG LAURA'S BLOG DONNA RENEE'S BLOG