Looking for God in America.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Hammocks in Indiana

Good morning all,
We are an hour ahead of Texas time here and slowly but surely the girls are waking up to a cloudy Indiana day...Pete and Christine's home is a sanctuary of rest and freedom. I just went out and spent some quiet time on the dreamy hammock that I saw last summer and thought about all year long. God is extending appetizers on this journey.


Last night at dinner the five of us talked about how much we have learned and grown since last summer when we met in Portland. There was a lot of pain and brokenness interwoven in the conversation, but light and hope also emerged in the midst of it. The most exciting part of the interaction was realizing that as Laura said, we had all laid down our masks.

This time the trip feels different. We are relaxed in ways that last year we were terror-bound. I am thrilled to see what this different position holds.

One thing I was hoping for was that this project would create more discussion as the journey took place. That hope is being realized. Chris has responded and the discussion is on. He brought on another friend and she has started to talk as well. I hope she will let me share her story with all of you. It broke my heart and angered me...I want you to know, too. Someone from her hometown also checked in and has different views than she and Chris. I would love for these people in the same place to start crossing the religious lines and engage with one another. Maybe that too will happen.

Please talk to us. Tell us your story. Answer the question, "I am new here, can you tell me where I can find God?" Please help us know what you have found out on your journey. We look forward to hearing from you. And if you don't tell us, would you please sit down with someone else and tell somebody. It will be well worth your time.

Love and Light,
Princess Angela


2 Comments:

At 9/6/07 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Seagler!

I just wanted to say Hi and to ask if your trip is going good? I have to say that the hammock sounds really good right now i wish i had one in my backyard, that actually gives me an idea, lol. I have to say i feel closest to God when i am outside, even thouhg i dont go outside, lol. Well anyway i just wanted to ask how everything was going and i hope everything is. I feel bad that i havent prayed but i will now and i sorry i havent been. I do hope the best for you and your friends and i do pray evrything will go well. love ya!

Julia :)

 
At 10/6/07 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Julia! I love you bunches and want to encourage you this summer to have a dream adventure of your own. Love and Light, Miss Seagler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HOW THE PROJECT BEGAN
SUPPORT THE PROJECT
TRIP ITINERARY
CONTACT US
OUR PRAYER REQUESTS

PREVIOUS POSTS :


ARCHIVES:


Powered by Blogger.com

©2006-2010 • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

SITE BY: BOOTSIFIED

 

   
HOME ANGELA'S BLOG LAURA'S BLOG DONNA RENEE'S BLOG